"Yuan" Magazine

Print
Email

“YUAN” Magazine is a Chinese culture publication by the Singapore Federation of Chinese Clan Associations. For the past 26 years, the magazine has always upheld the spirit of promoting and preserving culture and tradition, serving both local and overseas readers.

2012 marked a new milestone for “YUAN”, as the quarterly magazine changes to a bimonthly publication. Other than preceding its previous practice of focusing on local culture, history and customs, new elements were also inserted, to present a more attractive and multi-variant publication that is consistent with the times, and to increase reading and collecting value.

The original readers of “YUAN” were mainly made up of local Chinese proficient in the Chinese language. However, with changes in the social demographics and the huge influx of new Chinese immigrants, the readership of “YUAN” has also shifted. Currently, 65% of the readership consists of local readers, who are mainly from the clan associations, chambers of commerce, scholars, literature and history researchers, government officials, students and overseas Singaporean. The other 35% comprises of new immigrants, who are mainly Chinese from China, Taiwan, Hongkong and other neighbouring countries.

Ever since its inception, “YUAN” magazine has received much attention and recognition from the local culture scene. It is also one of the Southeast Asian cultural magazines that is widely collected by many overseas research organizations and libraries. In the near future, besides laboring in the local field, “YUAN” aims to become sustainable, continuing for generations to come.

Subscribe

Read "Yuan"
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
133
132
131
130
129
128
127
126
125
124
123
122
121
120
119
118
117
116
115
114
113
112
111
110
109
108
107
106
105
104
103
102
101
100
99
98
97
96
95
94
93
92
91
90
89
88
87
86
85
84
83
82
81
80
79
78
77
76
75
74
73
72
71
70
57
56
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Back to top